Current NCS/CIF official rules shall be used with the following amendments in-season:
1. Each varsity team is allowed to participate in 2 contests with each participating EBAL team, along with 2 non-league scrimmages. 2. a. A varsity team shall consist of the following: 4 Girls Singles 4 Boys Singles 3 Mixed Doubles 3 Girls Doubles3 Boys Doubles. Players may not play more than one league match per contest.
3. The Sportsmanship Preamble of the EBAL Constitution must be a point of emphasis at the preseason coaches meeting. \
4. Yonex Mavis 350 Shuttlecock shall be used in EBAL Tournaments.
5. During league meets, each coach is to complete his/her lineup in writing to his/her opponent by 3:45 p.m. No substitutions or lineup changes will be allowed after 3:45 p.m. All players not in the gym at 3:45 p.m. may not be included in the lineup. EBAL tournament times: Finals will be played on the last Saturday of April. Finals may be hosted at Dougherty Valley or Dublin High Schools’ gyms.
6. Competitors shall be arranged in order of skill in each category (singles doubles, and mixed doubles) with the highest-skilled players competing in the number one position, the next highest-skilled players competing in the number 2 positions, etc. for the overall varsity. (If any highly skilled player is unable to play for whatever reason, all other players are moved up in order of skill to fill all brackets.)
7. All doubles games and men’s and women’s singles games shall use rally scoring to 21 points. If tied 20-All, the first one to win by 2 points or the first to 30 determines the winner. Each match is 2 out of 3 to determine the winner.
8. a. The EBAL Coed Badminton Tournament will run in a double elimination format and allows the following number of entries per school: 3 Girls Singles 3 Boys Singles 3 Girls Doubles 3 Boys Doubles 3 Mixed Doubles
Starting time is 9:00am. Each participating school will provide three (3) tubes of shuttlecocks.
8.b.1. Seeding for the EBAL Badminton Tournament will be held on the Thursday following the last league dual meet and just prior to the League Tournament.
8.b.2. Each coach will submit their rosters to the League Tournament director by 8:00 PM on the Wednesday before the seeding meeting. Include any potential players that may get into the tournament as extras, depending on how many slots are available.
8.b.3. Each coach must identify any participants that they want to seed when they submit their rosters. Once the seeding meeting begins no extra seed-able participants will be added. In addition, once a participant is identified as seed-able, they can not be removed once the seeding meeting begins.
8.b.4. Each event will be a 24-person bracket. If more schools join and participate in our league, then a 32-person bracket can be used. Byes may or may not apply, depending on if the brackets are full.
8.b.5. Just prior to voting on seeds all extras will be voted upon to fill any open spots in the brackets.
8.b.6. All coaches that believe their player should be the #1 seed will nominate that player. For all players nominated each coach will speak to their credentials. After all players have been spoken for a coaches vote will be taken. This format will continue until all seed-abe players are placed up to a maximum of 8 players per event.
8.b.7. Seeds will receive byes during the first round, and schools will be separated by school in quarter brackets if possible.
8.b.8. Seeded players cannot be replaced.
8.b.9. Unseeded players can be replaced.
8.b.10. Players in the draw cannot switch to different brackets.
8.b.11. All changes must be reported to the tournament director before the start of the tournament.
8.b.12. Players cannot be replaced once the tournament begins.
8.d. Alternate entries to the NCS Championship are the highest-seeded players after the topfiveEBAL qualifiers are selected. These players will be the 6thand 7thplace finishers from the EBAL Badminton Finals Tournament. This6thand7thplace designation must be determined by an out bracket game within the existing tournament format.
8.e. Required uniforms for the EBAL League Matches and League Finals. This consists of matching shirts and shorts of the same color. Shorts may vary slightly in terms of material. Skorts may be worn if the same color. Exceptions can be made for adherence to religious practices, such as long sleeves or headgear, as long as the colors are matching with the uniform.
9. The all-league team will be comprised of the top four finishes in each event.
10. EBAL Division 1: League Tournament Each team will submit 3 entries per event for the Division 1 league tournament. Division 1 All league will be the top 4 singles and top 3 doubles. (girls/boys and mixed) Top5finishers qualify for NCS Division 1 Tournament.
EBAL Division 2: League Tournament Each team will submit 3 entries per event for Division 2 tournament. All league Division 2 will be top 1 for all events. Top 3 finishers qualify for NCS Division 2 Tournament.